Original Conlin Log House Built 1856

© Photographed July 13, 2015
Bay City, Pierce County, Wisconsin
44°35'04.3"N 92°26'52.4"W
44.584531, -92.447894

ORIGINAL CONLIN LOG HOME

BUILT 1856
IN HARTLAND TOWNSHIP

The cabin was donated to the Pierce County Historical Association
by the late Vincent Wood, Esdaile, Wisconsin. It was moved to the
River Bluff History Center site, Bay City, Wisconsin in August of 1998,
through the generosity of Bernie and Millicent (Conlin) O'Connor.

This 16x25 foot structure of native elm logs was built
by Patrick Conlin, an immigrant from County Cork, Ireland,
who came to America shortly after the deadly Irish potato famine.
Patrick and Margaret (Legan) Conlin lived with seven children
in this small home, but only three survived to adulthood.

Restoration was accomplished through the donations of time, money
and work of many association volunteers

Dedicated on October 1, 2000

The Conlin log home is located at the River Bluffs History Center, W6321 East Main Street, Bay City, Wisconsin 54723.

NOTE: The River Bluffs History Center is located one block south of Highway 35 and one block east of Wabash Street.







The Original Conlin Log House is located in Bay City, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment