© Photographed July 19, 2015
Erected 1976 by 1976 Student Congress
Whitewater, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
May the presentation of this
LIMA CENTER SCHOOL BELL
always remind us of the
1976 Student Congress
The bell and marker are located at the Whitewater Middle School on northbound South Elizabeth Street, north of its intersection with West Walworth Avenue, at or near 401 South Elizabeth Street, Whitewater, Wisconsin 53190.
WUSD chose the Lima Center Schoolhouse bell as its first logo. Generous community supporters had donated $60 for the 200 pound bell back in 1881. The WHS class of 1976 led efforts to move the bell to its current location in front of what is now WMS.
The bell and marker are located in Whitewater, Wisconsin.