Heritage Church

© Photographed July 13, 2015
Erected by New Richmond Preservation Society 
New Richmond, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
 45° 6.653′ N, 92° 32.14′ W
Google Map

HERITAGE
CHURCH

A search for a small, classic, wooden
church with three side windows and a
bell tower, the type built by pioneers
as they pushed west, took Heritage
Center volunteers several years. The
perfect church ws finally located in
South Superior, Wisconsin. It was
moved here in four sections and
reassembled on site.

The German Evangelical Immanuel
Lutheran Church of the Missouri
Synod was organized in 1890. The
church was built in 1891, originally at
88th Street and John Avenue. In
1898 the church was moved to Corner
60th St. and Banks Avenue.

It was donated by Maxine Thompson
and her family.

The Heritage Chuch and marker are located at the New Richmond Heritage Center at 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond, Wisconsin 54017.








The Heritage Cemetery is located on the north side of the church.

The building and marker are located at the Heritage Center
in New Richmond, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment