Heritage Cemetery

© Photographed July 13, 2015
Erected by New Richmond Heritage Society
New Richmond, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
 45° 6.653′ N, 92° 32.14′ W
Google Map

HERITAGE
CEMETERY

This German Evangelical Church was built in
1890. At that time every church had its
cemetery. This small collection of gravestones
represents our Heritage Center Church
Cemetery. The stones are all from New
Richmond.

The tall memorial marker for parents Levart
(1800-1863) and Mary Ann (1807-1863) Beal, [sic] was
placed below the hill of the Beal House on West
First Street. Two Beal sons came from the east
around 1855, would not be going back, and
obviously wanted their parents [sic] memory kept
alive in their new setting.

These gravestones from the Thomas B. and Mary
A. Phillips family were found buring in the back
yard of their home on High Street. The double
stone is for children Percy and Walter, both of
whom died in 1881. Infant daughter Nellie B.
died in 1882. It indicates on their father's stone,
Thomas B. Phillips (1844-1906), that he served in
the Civil War in Co. A, Wis. Vol.

The two stones in front were donated by the
Sager Family when these were replaced and
marked the graces if Ingwald C. Sager (d. 1933)
and Mary L. Sager (d. 1974).

The Heritage Cemetery and marker are located at the New Richmond Heritage Center at 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond, Wisconsin 54017.


The cemetery is located on the north side of the church.




The cemetery is on the north (right side) of the church.

The building and marker are located at the Heritage Center
in New Richmond, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment