Blacksmith Shop (Log Barn)

© Photographed July 13, 2015
Erected by New Richmond Preservation Society
New Richmond, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
 45° 6.653′ N, 92° 32.14′ W
Google Map

BLACKSMITH SHOP
(LOG BARN)

This log building was originally used
as a barn. At the Heritage Center, it
is being used as a combination
blacksmith and carpenter shop.

The log barn was donated to the
Center by Agnes and Anthony
Tamoshaitis in memory of Agens'
parents, Albert and Alica Allis. It
comes from their last home and
homestead, located in the Town of
Stanton, about 8 miles northeast of
New Richmond, near St. bridget's [sic]
Catholic Church on Country Road T. It
was probably built by a James Lee,
around or before 1875. It was the only
barn along that road at the time.

The roof of the building and the logs
of the white walls were moved separately
and reassembled at the Center.

The Blacksmith Shop (Log Barn) and marker are located at the New Richmond Heritage Center at 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond, Wisconsin 54017.





The building and marker are located at the Heritage Center
in New Richmond, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment