© Photographed July 12, 2015
Dedicated July 14, 1974
Cadott, Chippewa County, Wisconsin
44° 57.215′ N, 91° 8.818′ W
1865 CADOTT CENTENNIAL 1965
In 1865, Robert Marriner settled in this vicinity, built a dam and sawmill below the present Main Street Bridge and subsequently platted the village of Cadott. The falls of the river here had been called "Cadotte Falls" for a mumber of the famed French-Indian fur trading family according to tradition. "Baptiste" Cadotte had a trading post about three-quarters of a mile downstream and upon his death was buried near the falls this statue. Memorializing Cadotte is a project of the Cadott Community Centennial held on July 10 and 11, 1965.
The marker is located at Riverside Park on Park Place Road, at its intersection with southbound Wisconsin Highway 27, Cadott, Wisconsin 54727.
Wikipedia: Michel Cadotte
The marker is visible on the right.
The marker is visible on the left.
The marker is located in Cadott, Wisconsin.