The Paul Lawrence Interpretive Center

© Photographed June 13, 2015
Wyalusing State Park
Bagley, Grant County, Wisconsin
42.98923,-91.115608 (marker location inside park)
42.977781,-91.113915 (entrance to the park)
Google Map

The Paul Lawrence
Interpretive Center

Built by the Works Progress
Administration (WPA) in 1939, this
building served as the park office
until 1998. The stone used in the
construction of this building was
quarried nearby and the porch timbers
are original Wyalusing white pine.

This building is dedicated to
Paul Lawrence, Wyalusing's first
superintendent. Lawrence worked at
the park for over 40 years.
During this time, he oversaw the
construction of many current park
structures, including the Peterson
Shelter, the lookouts and most of the
trails. He and his wife even planted
several acres of white pine by hand.

The marker is located at The Paul Lawrence Interpretative Center at Wyalusing State Park, on northbound State Park Lane, a couple of miles north of its intersection with County Road Cx, Bagley, Wisconsin 53801.

NOTE: The marker is located inside a fee area. Vehicle admission sticker or daily pass fee is required.



The marker is located at The Paul Lawrence Interpretative Center.

Heal the Man, Heal the Land is also at this location.

A Nation in Despair is also at this location.

The marker is located inside Wyalusing State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment