The Carnival Association


© Photographed June 6 and July 5, 2015
Erected 1898 by Carnival Association
Dedicated to Rex King of the Carnival
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
 43.03874,-87.923533
Google Map

Presented to
The City of Milwaukee
by the
Carnival Association
June 28, 1900

The memorial is located at Milwaukee's Court of Honor, an island in the center of West Wisconsin Avenue, at its T-intersection intersection with 9th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233.

NOTE: There is plenty of metered parking on 9th Street to access the marker.

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal, March 29, 1961: Milwaukee's First Carnival

At the time of its placement, the monument had an eagle on top.

Screenshot of vintage postcard provided by Cardcow.com
Court of Honor, W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, Wis. (circa early 1900's)

Looking east along West Wisconsin Avenue.

With the Spanish-American War Memorial, George Washington Statue,
and the historic Central Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment