St. Patrick's

© Photographed June 12, 2015
Erected by former parishioners and friends
Hillsboro, Richland County, Wisconsin
43° 31.067′ N, 90° 21.453′ W
Google Map

ST. PATRICK'S
Melancthon Creek
In 1858 the land for St. Patrick's Church and Cemetery was donated to the congregation by Charles and Catherine Shields. The first church was erected in 1867. In 1904 an addition was added to accommodate a growing congregation. In 1924 the old church was razed and the new church was built. The monies, time and material were all donated by the members of the parish. Father Frahling designed the church and was instrumental in its completion.

The church was closed in 1964.

It was razed in 1997.
[Below the marker:]
This memorial symbolizing the community of St. Patricks Church was made possible by donations of former parishioners and friends.
The marker is located at St. Patrick's Cemetery on northbound Wisconsin Highway 80, north of its intersection with County Highway CC, Hillsboro, Wisconsin 54634.


Republican Observer (June 6, 1957): Tales The Tombstones Tell -Melancthon Creek Cemetery








 View of Highway 80 from the marker location.

View of the marker from Highway 80, in Hillsboro, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment