Lawler Park

© Photographed June 13, 2015
Erected 1929 by Kiwanis
Prairie du Chien, Crawford County, Wisconsin
43.054551,-91.160375

LAWLER PARK
Honoring John Lawler, designer-builder of Pontoon Bridge for Milwaukee R.R. to cross Mississippi River in early 1890s, torn down in 1962. His generosity and public spirit assisted educational and business enterprises of the city. Approved by council action Nov. 7, 1979.
Kiwanis dedication Arbor Day 1939.

The marker is located along the east bank of the Mississippi River, at Lawler Park on St. Feriole Island, and is accessible from southbound North Water Street, between Bolvin Street (to the north) and Fisher Street (to the south), Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin 53821.


Looking west, with the Mississippi River in the background.


No dogs allowed in Lawler Park! Dexter must ride in his carriage.

The marker is located in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment