Historic Galloway Village: The Railroad Depot

Photographed June 27, 2015
Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
43.753811,-88.43613
Google Map

THE RAILROAD DEPOT
Since 1896, North Fond du Lac has been and still is the terminal for the Chicago & North Western and Soo Line (formerly the Wisconsin Central) railroads.

Recognizing the part railroading has played in the history of the community, Fred A. Weller, Jr. donated this building and most of the equipment and did the actual work on the exhibit to show a typical small depot of early years.

The rails were laid by a section foreman from the North Western railroad. The wooden depot seats are from the Fond du Lac Chicago & North Western railroad depot and the old metal seats are from the Theresa depot, 15 miles south of here. Charts show the weights that the various size engines can pull up the Hamilton grade, a few miles south of the city. The miniature model train cars were built by Gerald Holzman.

Mr. Weller's contribution to the Historical Society was made in memory of his parents, the Fred A. Wellers.
The marker and building are located at the Historic Galloway House & Village at 336 Old Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935.

Click here to view all markers at the Historic Galloway House & Village.








 The railroad Depot is located at Galloway House & Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment