Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
This church, built in 1891, was given to the Historical Society in 1969 by the members of the Congregational Church of Eldorado and was located about 7 miles west of here.The church was dismantled and moved as four flat sides and a roof; all pieces were carried on a flat bed truck to this site and reassembled. Original squares of stained glass outline the windows of the building. The church retains its original carpeting, pump organ, altar, chairs (instead of pews) and bell tower.The Stassino Piano was manufactured in Fond du Lac by the Stassino Piano Co., which, in 1895, was located near the northwest corner of Sofia Street and Forest Avenue. The baptismal font was given by Immanuel Trinity Lutheran Church of Fond du Lac in 1970. It was in use from 1909 during which about 3,000 Holy Baptisms were administered at the font. The small church model is a replica of the first missionary church of St. Joseph's of Fond du Lac.
The marker and building are located at the Historic Galloway House & Village at 336 Old Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935.
Click here to view all markers at the Historic Galloway House & Village.