Historic Galloway Village: 1842 Taycheedah Community Building

Photographed June 27, 2015
Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
43.753811,-88.43613
Google Map

1842
Taycheedah Community Building
The First School in Fond du Lac County
This building was built in 1842 as the first school in Fond du Lac County.
The school was built on Main Street in the Village of Taycheedah on land
donated by Governor Doty and with funds provided by him and
Col. Henry Conklin. The bell tower was added in 1843. It was used as a
school until 1857 when a new stone school was built.
Over the years it has been used for a variety of community activities.

The marker and building are located at the Historic Galloway House & Village at 336 Old Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935.

Click here to view all markers at the Historic Galloway House & Village.






 The 1842 Taycheedah Community Building
is located at Galloway House & Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment