Camp Nelson Dewey / Wyalusing State Park

© Photographed June 13, 2015
Bagley, Grant County, Wisconsin
42° 59.439′ N, 91° 6.976′ W
Google Map

CAMP NELSON DEWEY
WYALUSING STATE PARK
During the depression era of the 1930’s the federal government initiated a number of work projects. Two of these, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the Works Project Administration (WPA) were located at this site from 1933 until 1941.

Camp Nelson Dewey consisted of about 10 buildings and about 200 CCC (WPA) men, National Park Service personnel and U.S. Army officers. The men worked on a variety of conservation projects and built many of the park’s roads, trails, vistas, buildings and rustic picnic shelters still in use today.

The labors of these young men have left a real and lasting impression on the park for us and for future generations to enjoy.
The marker is located on northbound State Park Lane in Wyalusing State Park, alongside the roadway to the group campsites. The park entrance is located at 13081 State Park Lane, Bagley, Wisconsin 53801.

NOTE: The marker is located inside a Wisconsin State Park and requires an annual sticker or daily-use fee to enter.

"Dwelling place of the old holy man"

These markers are also located at Wyalusing State Park:




The marker is located inside Wyalusing State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment