The Catholic Bark Chapel

© Photographed May 1, 2015
Erected 1982 by the Catholic Woman's Club of Green Bay
Heritage Hill State Park
Green Bay, Brown County, Wisconsin
44.473878,-88.032948
Google Map

THE CATHOLIC BARK CHAPEL
Built by the Indians for Father Claude Allouez in 1671. This is a replica of Wisconsin's last Catholic church. The original was part of Mission St. Francis Xavior about one mile south of this site.
Dedicated on August 14, 1092
and donated by the Catholic Woman's Club of Green Bay

The Catholic Bark Chapel is located at Heritage Hill State Park at 2640 South Webster Avenue, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301.

NOTE: There is a fee to enter the park.











The chapel is next to the Highway 172 overpass . . . 

The chapel is located in the La Baye section of Heritage Hill State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment