St. Joseph's Chapel (1896)

Photographed May 22, 2015
Erected 1988 by City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
44.823761,-91.48009 (location of chapel / marker)
44.821945,-91.480089 (entrance to cemetery)
Google Map

ST. JOSEPH'S CHAPEL
SACRED HEART CEMETERY
OMAHA STREET
Historic Building
Erected in 1896, St. Joseph's Chapel is the only example of a late Nineteenth Century Gothic chapel in Eau Claire. It was built by a member of Sacred Heart Parish.

Designated November Twenty-One
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Eight

The chapel and marker are located at the back of Sacred Heart Cemetery. The entrance to the cemetery is located on westbound Omaha Street, just west of its intersection with Starr Avenue, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703.
 
 
Landmarks Commission: Architectural Styles of Historic Properties in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

The property is listed (as of 1988) on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Eau Claire County.

This property is designated a City of Eau Claire "Historic Building"; the marker is one in a series of markers erected by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.

See also, Sacred Heart Veterans Memorial, also at this location.









 The chapel is located at the end of the road to the right.

St. Joseph's Chapel is located at Sacred Heart Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment