Second Log of Last Big Pine

©Photographed May 2, 2015
Merrill, Lincoln County, Wisconsin
45° 10.856′ N, 89° 41.03′ W
Google Map

Second Log of Last Big Pine
Cut Dec. 29, 1937, by Harry Doering Town of
Russell, Lincoln Co. for Alexander-Yawkey Lbr. Co.

The log and marker located on the grounds of the Lincoln County Courthouse on westbound East Main Street, at its intersection with South Center Street / County Highway K, at 1110 East Main Street, Merrill, Wisconsin 54452.

See also, Lincoln County Courthouse and Lincoln County Veterans Memorial, also at this location.


With the Lincoln County Courthouse in the background.


Second Log of Last Big Pine
Cut Dec. 29, 1937, by Harry Doering Town of
Russell, Lincoln Co. for Alexander-Yawkey Lbr. Co.


The log is visible to the right . . .

The log is located in Merrill, Wisconsin.

Screenshot of vintage postcard provided by CardCow.com
Merrill is a city of parks. Stange Park -- Wildwood Park --
Cenotaph Park and the Wisconsin and Prairie Rivers
contribute to the park-like appearance of the city.
Giant pines, rivers, lagoons, rustic bridges and wooded
shorelines make Merrill the city "beautiful."
Merrill is the Western Gateway to the world's most
concentrated lake region. Stop and linger awhile in Merrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment