Eau Claire River

© Photographed May 22, 2015
Erected 1936 by the County Federation of Women's Clubs
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
44° 48.813′ N, 91° 30.044′ W

EAU CLAIRE RIVER
Named by French voyageurs who
accompanied the explorer, Jonathan
Carver and his Indian guides as they
ascended the river in the summer of 1767
Eau Claire means clear water

The marker is located along the Chippewa River State Trail, on the north bank of the Eau Claire River, and is accessible from a parking lot on northbound North Barstow Street, at its T-intersection with Riverfront Terrace, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703.



View of the marker from the parking lot.

The marker is located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment