Photographed May 22 and 23, 2014
Erected 1994 by by Eau Claire Parks & Recreation
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
44° 48.457′ N, 91° 31.279′ WGoogle Map
Eau Claire Baseball
Eau Claire has a long professional baseball history. The city fielded teams in the Northern League from 1933 through 1962. Many Eau Claire players went on to successful major league careers. The teams were known as the Eau Claire Bears until 1954, when they became the Eau Claire Braves to reflect their affiliation with the Milwaukee Braves.Baseball has been played in Eau Claire since about 1860. Carson Park baseball stadium, built during the federal Works Progress Administration, opened for play in 1937. Since then the stadium has been the home of Eau Claire baseball.
The marker is located inside Carson Park, at the Eau Claire Baseball Hall of Fame, in front of the Carson Park baseball stadium, adjacent to the baseball stadium parking lot on Carson Park Drive, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703.
NOTE: Carson Park Drive is a big loop around the park; it's impossible to miss the baseball stadium.
The Official Site of the Eau Claire Express: Carson Park
Eau Claire Baseball Hall of Fame Facebook Page
The baseball stadium is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Eau Claire County.
Follow this ramp to the marker's location.
View of the ramp from the parking lot.
The marker is located at Carson Park in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.