Carson Park Baseball Stadium (1936-37)

Photographed May 22, 2015
Erected 2004 by City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
44° 48.457′ N, 91° 31.279′ W
Google Map

CARSON PARK
BASEBALL STADIUM

Historic Building
The Carson Park Baseball Stadium is a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project constructed in 1936-37. The stadium was built at a cost of $60,000. The sandstone used for the stadium was quarried at Downsville, WI about 25 miles from this site. The first game played at the stadium was held on May 7, 1937 between the Eau Claire Bears and the Superior Blues. The stadium was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
Designated April Fifth Two Thousand Four
 
The marker is located adjacent to the baseball stadium parking lot at Carson Park, on Carson Park Drive, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703.

NOTE: Carson Park Drive is a big loop around the park; it's impossible to miss the baseball stadium.

The Official Site of the Eau Claire Express: Carson Park

Landmarks Commission: Architectural Styles of Historic Properties in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

The baseball stadium is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Eau Claire County.

This property is designated a City of Eau Claire "Historic Building"; the marker is one in a series of markers erected by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.

Click here to view all markers located at Carson Park / Eau Claire Baseball Hall of Fame. 





 View of the marker from the parking lot.


 The marker is located at Carson Park in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment