Unitarian Meeting House

© Photographed April 18, 2015
Erected 2004 by National Park Service,
United States Department of the Interior
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

has been designated a
Designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright for the First Unitarian Society of Madison, the meeting house is an innovative building that has influenced religious architecture worldwide since the mid-twentieth century. Completed in 1951, the meeting house uses a diamond shape as the basic building form; a soaring roof evokes the steeple and shelters the chapel and parish hall withing a single unified structure.
National Park Service
United States Department of the Interior

The Unitarian Meeting House is located on southbound University Bay Drive, north of its intersection with University Avenue, at 900 University Bay Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53705.

Click here for a list of all National Historic Landmark locations in Wisconsin.

Click here for a list of all Wisconsin Historical Markers related to Frank Lloyd Wright.

The marker is under the eve of the building, at the Landmark entrance.

Fabulous video!! This property is beyond amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment