Thilwerth Park

Photographed April 16, 2015
Erected 1945
Kaukauna, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
44.282029,-88.264576

THILWERTH PARK
dedicated to the memory of
Oscar Thilmany
and Monroe A. Wertheimer
pioneer manufacturers of pulp and
paper in Kaukauna whose foresight
and industry have contributed in
such large measure to the growth
and welfare of the community
1945

The marker is located at Thilwerth Park on northbound Canal Street, just north of its intersection with Catherine Street / Taylor Street, Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130.

Oh, just got it! -- Thilwerth Park is a combining of the names Oscar THILmany and Monroe A. WERTHeimer. Clever!

Oscar Thilmany opened the Thilmany Papers mill in 1883.

Longview Fibre Company History
Started by Monroe Wertheimer of Thilmany Pulp and Paper Company

These markers are also at this location:

The marker is mounted to the back of the wood pulp grinder stone.


The front of the wood pulp grinder stone --
the Thilwerth Park marker is on the other side.



The wood pulp grinder stone is visible beneath the
tree at the top of the hill.

The back side of the wood pulp grinder stone.

Plenty of parking on Canal Street to access the marker location.

No comments:

Post a Comment