The Lemcke Farm House

Photographed April 18, 2015
Designated June 28, 1989
Erected by Middleton Landmarks Commission
Middleton, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.27′ N, 89° 30.121′ W

Middleton Landmark
THE LEMCKE FARM HOUSE
Katherine and Henry Lemcke were among the early settlers of Middleton. They came to America in 1863 from Golste, Hanover, Germany. Four generations of Lemckes have made this property their home over 100 years. It was granted the Century Farm Home Award in 1973. This heritage typifies immigrant family settlers in rural America. William Henry and Robert Lemcke all earned their living farming and were all actively involved with civic and religious affairs. The agricultural census in 1870 valued the farm of 150 acres at $5600.00.
Designated June 28, 1989

The marker is located on northbound North Gammon Road, at its T-intersection with Fortune Drive, at or near 1296 North Gammon Road, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562.

Middleton Landmarks Commission: The Lemcke House | Built in 1901


With the farmhouse to the left.

Looking north along North Gammon Road.

The marker is located in Middleton, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment