Site 17: Bidinger House

Photographed April 26, 2015
Erected by The National Flag Day Foundation
Waubeka, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
43.474047,-87.990372
Google Map

Chief Waubeka Historical Trail
Site 17
Bidinger House
Among the oldest remaining homes in Waubeka, this stucco over brick building home erected around 1850 was home to the Bidinger family.

The cornice returns, a common characteristic of the Greek revival style, are missing from the building but nailing grounds in the masonry suggest their existence earlier in the history of the structure.

Mr. Bidinger was one of four blacksmiths in Waubeka. His stone ship stood between the residence and the river to the south.
The marker is located on northbound Cigrand Drive / County Highway H, at its T-intersection with Center Street, at N5410 Cigrand Drive, Waubeka, Wisconsin 53021.

The marker is included in the Chief Waubeka Historical Trail created by the National Flag Day Foundation.

These markers are also at this location:



The marker is in the middle.


Looking south along Cigrand Drive, with the marker visible
to the left of the Bidinger House.

No comments:

Post a Comment