Neenah Riverwalk | Shattuck Park

Photographed April 17, 2015
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.185701,-88.459599
Google Map

This park was given to
the City of Neenah
by
Clara A. Shattuck
August 26, 1915
who converted a
former dumping ground
into a beauty [sic] spot

NOTE: Unfortunately, the author of the marker's content does not know the difference between a noun ("beauty") and an adjective ("beautiful").

The marker is located at Shattuck Park on westbound East Wisconsin Avenue, west of its intersection with Oak Street, at the entrance to the Neenah Riverwalk, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

These markers / memorials are located at Shattuck Park (see also photos below):




 Looking northwest from the pavilion dock,
with the Neenah Papar Company in the distance.


with the Neenah Channel, fed by Lake Winnebago, and the
W. G. Bryan Bridge visible in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment