Ernie's Trading Post 1925

© Photographed August 15, 2015
Erected by Monona Landmarks Commission
Monona, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.276′ N, 89° 19.962′ W
Google Map

ERNIE'S TRADING POST
1925
Built originally as a garage, this brick structure served from 1932 to 1952 as the only neighborhood grocery. Operated by early settler Ernie Ferchland, the store served as a meeting place for Blooming Grove Township residents who planned the incorporation of the Village of Monona.
The marker is located at the V-intersection of Winnequah Road and Midmoor Road, Monona, Wisconsin 53716.

See also, Monona's Birthplace and Monona's History, also at this location. 



The back of the boulder, facing the intersection.

The marker is located in Monona, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment