Deerbrook Graded School Bell Tower

Photographed April 25, 2015
Built 1883 / Re-dedicated 1983
Deerbrook, Langlade County, Wisconsin
45.220074,-89.144662
Google Map

Deerbrook Graded School
Bell Tower

Donated in Memory of
Alwin "Bill" & Eleanore Hoeft
by their children
Harold, Elaine,
Dorothy & Richard

The Deerbrook Graded School Bell Tower is located at the Corner School, located at the V-intersection of northbound Church Road and southbound County Highway A, at N5301 County Highway A, Deerbrook, Wisconsin 54424.

The Old Corners School is the first frame schoolhouse in Neva. It was built in 1883 by settlers who cut the lumber on site. The school once housed as many as 90 students. In 1979 the Old School Restoration Committee began a project to refurbish the schoolhouse. The building was re-dedicated in 1983, during Neva's centennial.

Hours: Memorial Day-Labor Day Saturday & Sunday 10 am-4 pm
Contact: Millie Wirtz (715) 627-7485; Sikora's Market (715) 623-2000

These are also at this location:




The Corner School, with County Highway A visible to the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment