Dedicated to the Memory of Lewis F. Nelson

Photographed April 4, 2015
Kaukauna, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
44.285114, -88.252927
Google Map

Dedicated to the Memory
of
LEWIS E. NELSON
Mayor, City of Kaukauna
1937-1940
1043-1946
For his untiring efforts in
the preservation of the  Grignon
Home and his efforts in
preserving the historic
and natural beauties of Kaukauna.

The marker is located alongside the Fox River at on northbound Augustine Street, south of its intersection with Plank Road, directly across from The Charles A. Grignon Mansion, at 1313 Augustine Street, Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130.

Across Augustine Street, south of Grignon Park, near the fourth lock, is a tiny roadside park with a replica of a wooden water wheel and a cross-section of a pioneer tree. This small park honors Lewis B. Nelson, Mayor of Kaukauna 1937-40 and 1942-46 "for his untiring efforts in preservation of the Grignon Home and his efforts in preserving the historic and natural beauties of Kaukauna." The water wheel was dedicated in 1967.
See also, This Big One, also at this location.




 Looking north, with Augustine Street visible to the left.

The memorial is directly across from The Charles A. Grignon Mansion.

This Big One is located in Kaukauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment