Photographed March 2 and July 4, 2015
Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
THE SLOAN HOUSE
The Sloan House was built in 1841 for
William P. Sloan, a lawyer, by Lyle Goodnow,
a contractor and quarry owner. In 1849,
Sloan deeded the house to Nelson Burrough.
Burrough owned the hardware store with his
brother, and also was mayer and Waukesha's
first Volunteer Fire Chief and an assemblyman.
The house was then sold to Dr. Carbury in 1886.
In 1890, Dr. Carberry had the house moved
from the corner of Main and Barstow to its
present location. In 1909 it was sold to
Elizabeth E. Malone, the wife of Dr. Malone.
The house has been in the Dresdow
and Schalow families
The property is located on southbound North Barstow Street, between Riverfront Plaza (to the north) and West Main Street (to the south), at 912 North Barstow Street, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186.
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin, the State Register of Historic Places, and has been designated a City of Waukesha Landmark.
The property is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin.