The First Unitarian Church of Milwaukee (1892)

Photographed March 28, 2015
Erected 1967 by City of Milwaukee Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.873′ N, 87° 53.972′ W
Google Map

THE FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH OF MILWAUKEE
Erected in 1892 and designated in 1967 as a landmark of the City of Milwaukee by the Milwaukee Landmarks Commission in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The church is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of North Astor Street and East Ogden Street, at 1342 North Astor Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.



Property Features:
  • Year Built: 1891
  • Architectural Style: Gothic Revival
  • Wall Material: Limestone
  • Architect: Ferry & Clas 
  • National/State Register Listing Name: First Unitarian Church
  • National Register Listing Date: 1974-12-30
  • State Register Listing Date: 1989-01-01






These faces appear along the arches of the facade,
moving from right to left:








No comments:

Post a Comment