Grace Episcopal Church 1855-1858

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1976 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.073972,-89.385472

GRACE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1855-58
James Douglas
Designed by Milwaukee architect James Douglas, and constructed of local sandstone, Grace Episcopal Church is a distinguished example of the Gothic Revival style. Inspired by early English models, the corner tower contains a full carillon of bells. An ecclesiastical landmark on the Capitol Square for over a century, this building houses the oldest parish in the City of Madison, founded in 1838.
Designated May 26, 1976
Madison Landmarks Commission

Grace Episcopal Church is located on Capitol Square, across from the capitol building, on westbound West Washington Avenue, at its intersection with Carroll Street, at 116 West Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 45 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment