Irene and Robert Connor Residence 1920

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 2011 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.938′ N, 89° 22.877′ W
Google Map

IRENE AND ROBERT CONNOR RESIDENCE
1920
This Colonial Revival house was built for Robert and Irene Connor, daughter of lumber magnates Anna and Cornelius Collins who lived next door. Irene took over the position of vice-president of the family firm. The house is significant for its association with the Connor and Collins families, and as one of a group of three family homes in close proximity (640, 646, and 704 E. Gorham) representing a pattern of family living that was common at the turn of the century. The architect is unknown but the design is attributed to Claude and Starck, the firm that designed the other two Collins homes.
Designated on February 1, 1993
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound East Gorham Street, at its intersection with North Blount Street, at 640 East Gorham Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 101 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment