Holy Redeemer Catholic Church

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1983 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.536′ N, 89° 23.353′ W
Google Map

HOLY REDEEMER CATHOLIC CHURCH
1865-1869
This is the first parish organized by German Catholics and is the second oldest Catholic church in Madison. This church replaces the original brick structure built on this site in 1857 by the 80 founding families The simple Romanesque Revival structure was designed by architect John Nader and built of native sandstone. The contractor, James Livesey, also built Bascom Hall. The steeple, bells, clock, stained glass windows and other embellishments were later additions.
Designated July 18, 1983
Madison Landmarks Commission 

The property is located on westbound West Johnson Street, west of its intersection with North Carroll Street, at 120 West Johnson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 75 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment