Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy Horse Barn -- Circa 1904

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1986 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.497′ N, 89° 21.202′ W
Google Map

HOFFMAN-KENNEDY DAIRY HORSE BARN
Circa 1904
This simple brick horse barn was built by Conrad Hoffman, a laborer. In 1925, it was purchased by the largest dairy in Madison, the Kennedy Dairy, to house its east side branch. The barn had deteriorated seriously by 1985 when it was renovated into offices. The row of ten tiny windows along the west side of the barn, one for each horse's stall, and the pulleys above the hayloft are rare visual reminders of the horse-and-buggy era.
Designated March 3, 1986
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound Eastwood Drive, at its intersection with Amoth Court, at 2020 Eastwood Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53704.

NOTE: The marker is accessible from the parking lot behind the building.

The marker is No. 80 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment