Hirsig House c. 1913

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1975 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.238′ N, 89° 22.546′ W
Google Map

HIRSIG HOUSE
c. 1913
Small
Commissioned to Madison architect Alvan E. Small by retail store owner Louis Hirsig, this stucco and brick house exemplifies the simplicity of the Prairie style. The horizontal lines of the windows along with the distinctive red tile roof and wide overhangs provide a well-balanced composition. Small, who was trained by Allen Conover and Louis Sullivan, chose earthen-colored materials as a part of the total design.
Designated March 17, 1975
Madison Landmarks Commission

The marker is located on southbound Sherman Avenue, at its intersection with North Brearly Street, at 1010 Sherman Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 30 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment