Herman J. Loftsgordon House 1918

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1981 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.531′ N, 89° 20.718′ W
Google Map

HERMAN J. LOFTSGORDON HOUSE
1918
Herman Loftsgordon and his family lived in this house from 1918 until 1946. Loftsgordon was one of five brothers who came to Madison from Mt. Horeb in the early 1900's and settled within blocks of each other in the Elmside plat. The family was prominent in the development of the east side. Herman Loftsgordon served as vice-president of Security Bank, was a founder and board chairman of Anchor Savings and Loan, and developed the Eastwood Theater. He ran for mayor and was active in Norwegian-American associations.
Designated July 13, 1982
Madison Landmarks Commission

The marker is located on southbound Hudson Avenue, at its intersection with Center Avenue, at 2429 Center Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53704.

The marker is No. 68 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment