Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing Co. Office Building 1885 and 1909

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 2012 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.309′ N, 89° 21.9′ W
Google Map

FULLER & JOHNSON
MANUFACTURING CO. OFFICE BUILDING
1885; Additions c. 1892 and 1909
This building is significant for its association with Madison's industrial history. It is all that remains of the once expansive Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing Co., a producer of farm implements and the first major industry in Madison. The building is also significant for its association with John A. Johnson, the firm's president. Johnson, a former state senator, was a leading industrialist credited with establishing Madison as a manufacturing center, and who organized Madison's two largest turn of the century manufacturing firms (Fuller & Johnson and Gisholt Manufacturing Co).
Designated September 7, 2004
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound East Washington Avenue / U.S. Route 151, west of its intersection with North Dickinson Street, at 1344 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 163 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment