Frank G. Brown House 1905

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1983 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.078329,-89.390873
Google Map

FRANK G. BROWN HOUSE
1905
This handsome house was built by Frank G. Brown (1852-1920), scion of a prominent real estate and banking family. Brown, who was first vice-president of the First National Bank, was a founder of the French Battery Company (now Rayovac). The Brown house, with its detailed cornice and fan light over the front door, is a fine example of Georgian Revival architecture. In 1927 this property was purchased from the family by the Iota Chapter of Alpha Phi Sorority.
Designated April 25, 1983
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound Langdon Street, at its intersection with North Carroll Street, at 28 Langdon Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 73 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment