First Church of Christ, Scientist 1929

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1980 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.077475,-89.38725
Google Map

FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST
Frank M. Riley
1929
Designed with simplicity and grace, the First Church of Christ, Scientist is Georgian Revival in style, the form used for many early 20th century Christian Science churches across the country. It is the only Madison church designed by Frank Riley, one of the city's finest architects in the period revival styles. The congregation chose to locate on Wisconsin Avenue, a street that until the 1950's was lined with the steeples and domes of many of Madison's most historic churches.
Designated March 10, 1980
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on northbound Wisconsin Avenue, at its intersection with East Gorham Street, at 315 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 61 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment