Fire Station #4 1904-1905

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1983 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.262′ N, 89° 24.531′ W
Google Map

FIRE STATION
1904-1905
Designed by local architect, Lew F. Porter, Fire Station #4 is one of the oldest fire stations remaining in Madison. The tiny windows on the east facade lit horse stalls. The rapid expansion of University Heights, Wingra Park and other near west side neighborhoods at the turn-of-the-century necessitated the construction of the fire house, which was the first built outside of the central city. In 1983, the Fire Department moved and in 1984 the building was sensitively rehabilitated into six townhouse apartments.
Designated October 10, 1983
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on eastbound West Dayton Street, at its intersection with North Randall Avenue, at 1329 West Dayton Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53715.

The marker is No. 50 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment