Doty School 1906

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 2012 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.149′ N, 89° 23.132′ W
Google Map

DOTY SCHOOL
Claude and Starck, Architects
1906
Built during a population boom in Madison, Doty School replaced the smaller Fourth Ward School built on this site in 1866. When it opened, the new school was renamed for Madison's founder, James Duane Doty, the person responsible for Madison's selection as the state capital in 1836. Claude and Starck were prolific local architects who designed school houses across the state, as well as many of Madison's turn-of-the-century residences. The building was converted to condominiums in 1983.
Designated October 15, 2002
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on eastbound West Wilson Street, at its intersection with South Broom Street, at 351 West Wilson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 156 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment