Dick-Eddy Buildings 1889 and 1907

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1977 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.474′ N, 89° 22.834′ W
Google Map

DICK-EDDY BUILDINGS
1889 and 1907
Conover and Porter, Architects
The imposing Dick Building is a flat-iron building in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, a style in which the local architects, Conover and Porter, were particularly adept. The Dick block was built in part to house Christian Dick's wine and liquor wholesale business. It also housed the Schlitz saloon, Prof. Kehl's Dance Academy and offices. The Eddy building next door was built by E. W. Eddy to house his "One Minute Lunch Room," a popular inexpensive eatery.
Designated October 20, 1998
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on eastbound King Street, at its intersection with East Doty Street, at 119 King Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 137 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment