Derrick C. Bush House ca. 1867

© Photographed October 3, 2015
Erected 1982 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.261′ N, 89° 23.316′ W
Google Map

DERRICK C. BUSH HOUSE
ca. 1867
Built of cream brick, this handsome Italianate house was constructed for Derrick C. Bush (1816-1887). A Vermont native, Bush became the village of Madison's first assessor in 1854, and later, a county judge. A later owner, Phineas Baldwin, was a state assemblyman who became a Dane County sheriff. Note the decorative side bay, original shutters, bracketed cornice and intricate porch details.
Designated January 18, 1982
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on southbound South Broom Street, just south of its intersection with West Washington Avenue, at 14 South Broom Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

Madison Landmarks Commission: Landmark Nomination Form

The marker is No. 69 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.




 The marker is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment