Corry Carriage House 1911

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1980 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 5.403′ N, 89° 20.509′ W
Google Map

CORRY CARRIAGE HOUSE
1911
This quaint stone carriage house was built for James and Minnie Corry. Corry, a well-known realtor, helped develop the Fair Oaks plat and was a promoter of the east side. The Corrys' plans to build a house in front of the carriage house were halted when Corry died unexpectedly at the age of 44. Used then as a garage and temporary residence, the building was remodeled as a permanent residence in 1946. As one of a handful of carriage houses left in the city, it is a rare reminder of the days of the horse and buggy.
Designated September 12, 1983
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is on westbound Lakeland Avenue, at its intersection with Elmside Boulevard, at 2906 Lakeland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53704.

The marker is No. 76 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment