Collins House c. 1911

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1975 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.082686,-89.380544
Google Map

COLLINS HOUSE
c. 1911
Claude & Stark
Built for lumber executive William Collins, this dwelling was designed by architects Louis Claude and Edward Starck. The house is characterized by a gable roof, wide eaves, leaded glass windows, and horizontal and vertical banding that lends an effect of half-timbering. The design of this building has many affinities with the Prairie style.
Designated March 17, 1975
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound East Gorham Street, at its intersection with North Blount Street, at 704 East Gorham Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 29 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment