Photographed March 28, 2015
Erected 1968 by City of Milwaukee Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.711′ N, 87° 54.071′ W
COLLEGE WOMEN'S CLUB
Erected in 1875, restored in 1965, and designated in 1968 as a landmark of the City of Milwaukee by the Milwaukee Landmarks Commission in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The property is located on southbound North Marshall Street, south of its intersection with East Juneau Avenue, at 1119 North Marshall Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.
1119 North Marshall Street, Milwaukee County, Milwaukee
Historic Name: Capt. Robert Patrick Fitzgerald House
Other Name: College Women's Club
Reference No. 27217
Year Built: 1874
Architectural Style: Italianate
Wall Material: Cream Brick
Architect: Edward Townsend Mix
The foregoing content used with permission of the Wisconsin Historical Society.This structure is an outstanding example of Italianate designed residences. Built by the eminent Milwaukee architect, Edward Townsend Mix, it evokes simple proportions and embellishments which present a truly elegant appearance. Having undergone various alterations it still retains much of its original form and design. The most noticeable alteration is the Neo-Classical porch at the front entry. It is one of the few extant examples from this period.
The property is now home to Villa Filomena.
Villa Filomena: History
The small plaque is mounted to the building facade,
to the far left, adjacent to the wall and above the shrub.