Chi Phi Fraternity 1928

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1994 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsi
43° 4.62′ N, 89° 23.58′ W
Google Map

CHI PHI FRATERNITY
Law, Law and Potter, Architects
1928
The Chi Phi fraternity house is an outstanding example of the Tudor Revival style and is constructed of Madison sandstone. The striking design featuring steeply pitched and parapeted gables is one of the most accomplished works of premier Madison architects Law, Law and Potter who designed several of the fraternity and sorority houses on Langdon Street. The building is significant for its association with collegiate social organizations: the Chi Phi fraternity is the nation's oldest fraternity. Wisconsin's Kappa of Chi Phi chapter was founded in 1911 and was chartered in 1916.
Designated March 07, 1994
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on southbound North Henry Street, at its intersection with Langdon Street, at 610 North Henry Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 118 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment