Buell House 1894

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1974 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.265′ N, 89° 25.103′ W
Google Map

BUELL HOUSE
1894
Conover & Porter
Designed for Madison attorney Charles Buell in the Shingle style with Queen Anne proportions and ornament, this house was the first built in University Heights. Called "Buell's Folly," it was the work of Madison architects Allen D. Conover and Lew F. Porter. The house is one of the few remaining Madison Shingle structures built in a style significant to the rise of American architecture in the Midwest.
Designated January 7, 1974
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound Ely Place, at its intersection with North Prospect Avenue, at 115 Ely Place, Madison, Wisconsin 53726.

The marker is No. 22 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment