Braley House 1875-76

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1976 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.075812,-89.391631
Google Map

BRALEY HOUSE
1875-76
The house of Judge Arthur B. Braley was a social and cultural center of the Mansion Hill area in the Nineteenth Century. The house was built of cream brick with incised stone lintels in the Late Gothic Revival style. Braley, a patron of the literary arts, was also active in Madison politics for more than thirty years as a government official and journalist.
Designated April 19, 1976
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on northbound North Henry Street, at its intersection with West Gilman Street, at 422 North Henry Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 43 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment