Bowen House 1856-7

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1972 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.064024,-89.404359
Google Map

BOWEN HOUSE
1856-7
This Italianate style farmhouse was built for Seth Van Bergen from locally quarried sandstone. It is characterized by ornate wood bracketing and a central cupola. In 1859, Van Bergen sold the house to James B. Bowen, local homeopathic physician, and Bowen's son-in-law, Wayne Ramsay, cashier of the First National Bank. Bowen lived in the house until his death in 1881, when the Ramsay family occupied it.
Designated April 17, 1972
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of South Mills Street and Chandler Street, at 302 South Mills Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53712.

The marker is No. 17 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment